Author Topic: Parents get upset at Wii Gun attachment  (Read 5327 times)

Offline Luvlyan

• Static Discharge
    • View Profile
Parents get upset at Wii Gun attachment
« on: September 18, 2007, 07:24:58 PM »
I don't think Duck Hunt ever made killers  :-\

http://www.theinq.com/?article=42343

The Gun Remote which can be seen here looks as much like a realistic gun as a banana does, or a lump of wood. However that has not stopped the column thundering about it in a somewhat silly way.

Most parents the magazine spoke to thought it a "bone-headed idea". The quotes provided include such gems as it will train children to learn to aim and shoot. That will, of course lead to kids killing kids.

Offline Fujitsu

• JimmyTheKing
  • BCC Admin
  • Hard Modder!
  • Nostalgia ain't what it used to be
    • View Profile
Re: Parents get upset at Wii Gun attachment
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2007, 08:28:52 PM »
haha, yah it looks nothing like a gun, has anyone seen the sword attachment you can buy at bestbuy/future shop? It looks pretty stupid too, I thought about buying one just to make people that come over use it and then I could sit back and laugh at them.

But on another note, here is an interesting article on how the original duck hunt worked, personally I never thought about it, but its neat to read how the NES knew if you were hitting a duck or not with no sensor bars..

http://www.straightdope.com/columns/010511.html

Offline Zeus

• I AM Canadian!
  • BCC Admin
  • Hard Modder!
  • [S]odbuster
    • View Profile
    • BCCHardware
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2007, 10:48:49 PM »
I thought it was because you shot the electron gun in the back of the TV and disrupted the electro-magnetic time rift, causing a delay in the horizontal scan pattern of the YR proton canon. . .  Oh well, that's what my mom told me.

Offline Luvlyan

• Static Discharge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2007, 01:58:23 PM »
I always wondered how Duck Hunt worked. Pretty neat!

Offline Kilamon

• BCC n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2007, 03:54:35 PM »
If everyone is like these people claim, and use of the Wii Zapper means that we're all psychopathic killers then those same people who grew up on Pac-Man should be fat ghost hunters. And what about the ones that grew up with Tetris? Crazy architects? :uglystupid2:

Offline Luvlyan

• Static Discharge
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2007, 07:33:14 PM »
If everyone is like these people claim, and use of the Wii Zapper means that we're all psychopathic killers then those same people who grew up on Pac-Man should be fat ghost hunters. And what about the ones that grew up with Tetris? Crazy architects? :uglystupid2:
All part of the on-goind-never-ending debate about the relatioship of gaming violence and real-life violence  :angel: