Author Topic: [Frontpage News]Zalman VF1000LED and Zalman ZM-RHS88 GPU Cooling Combo  (Read 5856 times)

Offline Zeus

• I AM Canadian!
  • BCC Admin
  • Hard Modder!
  • [S]odbuster
    • View Profile
    • BCCHardware
Zalman VF1000LED and Zalman ZM-RHS88 GPU Cooling Combo

We have looked at one of the largest and most elaborate aftermarket HSF's for the 8800 Series of graphcis card today.  This is a two-fold product that begins with the multi-purpose Zalman VF1000 LED cooler and combines the Zalman ZM-RHS88 cooler for chilling the RAM, FET and more.  It's a full solution for your 8800GTS/GTX/Ultra that has some quirks as well as some benefits.  Catch our review for all the details.

I would estimate that the entire installation took about 30 minutes from start to finish, and that included removing the original stock cooler. Your also going to need to refer to the instructions a few times, otherwise it is going to take even longer, if you the kind of person who doesn't need instructions, then maybe do this install when no one is watching and if you just happen to have to peek at the manual, you can keep it your own little secret. . .

First two to post a comment, get a prize!
« Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 08:45:29 PM by Zeus »

Offline Luvlyan

• Static Discharge
    • View Profile
Re: [Frontpage News]Zalman VF1000LED and Zalman ZM-RHS88 GPU Cooling Combo
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2007, 05:14:03 PM »
It's nice to see that Zalman made a move to make some coolers apart from their usual circular one. This seems like a success so far. :)

Edit: What's this prize you speak of?  :smitten:
« Last Edit: October 25, 2007, 05:20:19 PM by Luvlyan »

Offline Pandur

• BCC n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2007, 09:02:10 PM »
Nice review. I need to find a better performing GPU cooler to match those memory coolers and I got a new setup for my 8800GTX  :D

One thing that puzzles me though, whats the purpose of the two small heatsinks below the GPU on the RHS88? If you look at picture #14 and 15 in the album it looks like they don't cover anything... :uglystupid2:
« Last Edit: October 25, 2007, 09:13:00 PM by Pandur »

Offline Fujitsu

• JimmyTheKing
  • BCC Admin
  • Hard Modder!
  • Nostalgia ain't what it used to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2007, 09:52:21 PM »
The two bottom heatsinks right below the cooler don't actually cover anything, must just be more for show than anything else.

I'm pretty sure its just a matter of time before a GPU cooler comes out from Zalman that is built for the 8800 series exclusively, I don't think the VF1000 was actually made for the 8800 series but is more geared toward a broad variety of cards. I would assume they will eventually come out with something a little more heavy duty to cool off the hot 8800's and give people a little more overclocking room

Offline Zeus

• I AM Canadian!
  • BCC Admin
  • Hard Modder!
  • [S]odbuster
    • View Profile
    • BCCHardware
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2007, 05:23:27 AM »
Hey!  Thanks for posting a comment Pandur and Luvlyan!  I've got a CoolIT RAM Fan for each of you.  Please PM me your shipping information and I'll get those sent out FREE!!!  Thanks for reading BCCHardware, and posting your comments about the VF1000LED and RHS88 review!

Offline Pandur

• BCC n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2007, 06:00:35 AM »
The two bottom heatsinks right below the cooler don't actually cover anything, must just be more for show than anything else.

I'm pretty sure its just a matter of time before a GPU cooler comes out from Zalman that is built for the 8800 series exclusively, I don't think the VF1000 was actually made for the 8800 series but is more geared toward a broad variety of cards. I would assume they will eventually come out with something a little more heavy duty to cool off the hot 8800's and give people a little more overclocking room
Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if they show up with a VF1500 or VF2000 (or something like that) for the 8800 series. After reading this review I had to compare some screenshots to check if it might be possible to use the RHS88 memory cooler together with the Thermaright HR-03 Plus GPU cooler, but judging from the screenshots they look like they are completely incompatible. So I'll keep my fingers crossed that Zalman comes out with a "buffed" VF1000 sometime soon instead!

Oh and thanks for the ram fan!! Details are incoming! O0

Offline LiViD

• Static Discharge
  • To Punish and Enslave
    • View Profile
    • Altus Geomatics
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2007, 11:33:35 PM »
I've have to say that the temp results are dead on. I have the VF1000/RHS-88 on my GTX and it did make some improvement. I wouldn't say that it's an overclockers heatsink, but it does work very well compared to stock cooling.
Antec 300 Chassis
Silverstone Strider 750W PSU
GA-X38-DQ6 Rev 1.0
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450
Scythe Ninja Mini Cooler
2 x 2GB Mushkin XP2-6400
XFX GeForce 9800 GX2
Asus Xonar D2X