Author Topic: really neat program for showing everything about you computer and more!!  (Read 5501 times)

Offline Seeker

• Solder Master
    • View Profile
Found this program today. Looks to be nice to have around. Tell's a lot about your computer.

http://www.gtopala.com/

go to downloads to get it!!!

any comments?? thanks

Remember kids, if you happen to find yourself upside down and on fire, you've just discovered the meaning of "too fast".

Offline VE6JHC

• Case Whacker
  • Heat Removal by H20
    • View Profile
Re: really neat program for showing everything about you computer and more!!
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 06:41:05 PM »
I use Belarc Advisor.....

http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html

It is a free program that lists all your hardware and generates a nice little report. Just a word of caution....in an older version I looked at it wanted to save your results online but doing so could leave you at risk as it lists your IP address and your user account names.....2 out of 3 things needed to remote in.
Video Games will send you straight to Hell and Satan has a Rail Gun!

Offline Seeker

• Solder Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2008, 08:13:23 PM »
Ya I kinda heard about that... thats why I like using this one... keeps everything here... I like the area that you can see what your login and passwords are for websites... I don't know if this does for all users on a single computer as we both have our own... but great program to run before you re-install windows lol!!
Remember kids, if you happen to find yourself upside down and on fire, you've just discovered the meaning of "too fast".

Offline Zeus

• I AM Canadian!
  • BCC Admin
  • Hard Modder!
  • [S]odbuster
    • View Profile
    • BCCHardware
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2008, 09:57:31 PM »
For simple password revelation I either use Snadboy's Revelation or SimpliSoftware's PWRevealer (looks discontinued now though).

Offline MegaHz

• Solder Master
  • Steam Name : MegaHz
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2008, 06:36:27 AM »
for windows login and password recovery, (not reset, but recovery) including corporate network logins that that windows still has stored in its registry, I use the free, opensource ophcrack project. I have yet to come across a password that it took over 60 seconds to crack.

if you use firefox and want to see your saved passwords, simply go to tools > options, security tab, click show passwords, it will show you all your login names and the URL they are used at, click show passwords on that window and it will show you all your passwords for each login.

you can make it so no one can use/view your saved passwords without knowing a "master" password in forfox, in the same tools > options, security tab, check the  "master password" box, and then set a master password for firefox.

There are tons of free programs that reveal IE stored passwords, since they are stored in plain text in the windows registry. There is no way to set a password so no one can see your IE passwords. Another security flaw in IE.

here is one to see passwords used in IE

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/internet_explorer_password.html

« Last Edit: February 27, 2008, 12:32:24 PM by SoltoN »

Offline VE6JHC

• Case Whacker
  • Heat Removal by H20
    • View Profile
For Windows Log on passwords as well as user entered passwords on website I use PRTK (Password Recovery Tool Kit). All the  data is stored in the ntuser.dat for each user. PRTK pops the file in about 1-2 minutes.
Video Games will send you straight to Hell and Satan has a Rail Gun!