Author Topic: [Frontpage News]LANtabulous 2008 Aftermath  (Read 9750 times)

Offline lu

• Static Discharge
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
[Frontpage News]LANtabulous 2008 Aftermath
« on: March 17, 2008, 10:15:46 PM »
Thanks everyone for the good time, enjoyed it!

Offline Seeker

• Solder Master
    • View Profile
Re: Thank You for the great weekend!
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 08:01:22 AM »
Awesome weekend!!!! I think that everything went pretty smooth. Its was a fun time. Thanks to all the people that showed up. Also to the sponsors in providing the free goodies!!! To BCCHardware (you know who you are) in setting this all up, trouble shooting spending the most time at the event.. Next year I think that I'll bring the coffee pot... lol. Also to the Wildrose internet company... providing the internet...which was way quicker then my connection at home... ;). Anyway till next year!!   8)
Remember kids, if you happen to find yourself upside down and on fire, you've just discovered the meaning of "too fast".

Offline Zeus

• I AM Canadian!
  • BCC Admin
  • Hard Modder!
  • [S]odbuster
    • View Profile
    • BCCHardware
[Frontpage News]LANtabulous 2008 Aftermath
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2008, 08:09:25 AM »
http://www.bcchardware.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=5381&Itemid=1

Thanks to all of you who read the site and keep following BCCHardware.com  You guys make it worth while as you have helped take this site from a hobby to a start-up business.  Thanks for your support, letting me frag you and taking home some schwag.  It indeed was a good time.

LANtabulous 2008 is in the history books and we had a ton of fun with almost 40 people in attendance this year.  We had some people show up that didn't pre-register and this helped bring up our numbers to a record-breaking 37 gamers.  Next year we hope to break 50 and with the current location this should be entirely possible.  If you were there and took some pictures, I'd love for you to send them to be at bcchardware(at)gmail.com so that we can get them uploaded to . . .

Offline swatsor

• BCC n00b
    • View Profile
Re: [Frontpage News]LANtabulous 2008 Aftermath
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2008, 09:17:26 AM »
Yeah that was a fantastic weekend! Props go to joeface for kicking some serious butt his first time playing COD4! :o Next year should be good, I'll definitely try and round up a group of people from Calgary and come on down. Thanks everyone for the good time!  O0

Offline Fujitsu

• JimmyTheKing
  • BCC Admin
  • Hard Modder!
  • Nostalgia ain't what it used to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2008, 03:45:50 PM »
I had a great time too, wish I would have played a little more COD4 before coming to the lan (or actually playing more than maybe an hour total, lol). I'm sure we will see a bunch of you guys online playing some more COD4

Thanks to everyone who came out, hopefully next year we can fill the place

Offline RoNiN

• BCC n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2008, 07:49:43 AM »
Good job on a very successful LAN. I had more fun there than at the last Lanageddon. I look forward to next year and I'll try to spread the word some more before then. I'm sure 50+ is attainable for the next one. I don't know how long I'll leave it up but if you want to check it out, Ronin's Realm CTF server is up and running online at 70.65.146.42:28960 . <<< IP UPDATED (old router wasn't forwarding ports properly)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 09:49:35 AM by RoNiN »

Offline Zeus

• I AM Canadian!
  • BCC Admin
  • Hard Modder!
  • [S]odbuster
    • View Profile
    • BCCHardware
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2008, 08:06:01 AM »
Sweet.  I'll have to try tonight and see how it goes. . . I'd also like to offer a HUGE thanks to RoNiN for admining both CoD4 Servers and setting them up.  He brought his own out of the kindness of his heart and then was conviced to take over the other one in order to make it a smooth weekend.  RoNiN - Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou!

Offline Wildcard

• BCC n00b
  • Deuces are wilD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2008, 08:14:38 AM »
Thanks to Zeus and Fujitsu for a very successful weekend.   Everything was very well set up and the venue wasn't as oversized as I feared!  So it should be even better next year with 500 people.  That's our goal right?  500?  Anyway, next year no Bonerak/Nicao Unreal team.  That is just unfair!
I always thought animals couldn't talk until my cat told me they could.

Offline Fujitsu

• JimmyTheKing
  • BCC Admin
  • Hard Modder!
  • Nostalgia ain't what it used to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2008, 12:20:59 PM »
Whats the big deal? I killed Bonerak.... (once), and pretty much owned Nicao... (twice)

Offline BoneRak

• Waiting to be Banned.
  • Case Whacker
  • I'm not camping, It's a picnic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2008, 04:59:21 PM »
I am thinking I should have played more than 4 hours of on line play for Call of Duty 4. Add the one hour of that mod we played for the tournament, My team Fish in a barrel did pretty good!
Zeus sir, You did a great job for taking care of the Unreal Tournament 3 server. I kept going to help, but ended up visiting or questioning you on all the new hardware you were running instead.
And thank you for all the information you gave about everything. Even letting me try out your Razer Lachesis mouse. That Tri SLI system you had setup really made the game look amazing. Pretty sure my next system will have nvidia in it.
And who can forget the prizes! I was hoping to win a steelseries mouse surface, but got the Siberia Full-Size Headset instead. YA Hoooo.  ;D
And dear Wildcard, after all the LANPartys I have asked Nicao to be my partner, he finally said yes. Next LAN may be a totally differnet game that our teamwork might not go good together on, or... we will clean the house again! :D
And that was one too many points Fujitsu. I got to remember not to walk blindly around corners while you have three rockets loaded up pointed at my head.