Author Topic: [Frontpage News]CBS buys CNET for 1.8 Billion  (Read 3498 times)

Offline MegaHz

• Solder Master
  • Steam Name : MegaHz
    • View Profile
[Frontpage News]CBS buys CNET for 1.8 Billion
« on: May 16, 2008, 03:31:50 PM »
http://www.bcchardware.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=5647&Itemid=1

I don't think many people saw this coming, but CBS has announced that it is going to purchase CNET for 1.8 Billion. This is a pretty big move, and will be interesting to see the changes that come as a result. CNET is a pioneer for online publications, and undoubtedly most everyone has been to CNET or one of it's sites (Gamespot, News.com, TV.com). 

[blockquote]

Just a mo. . .

I am a huge fan of some of their podcasts, namely buzz out loud. Hopefully CBS does the same with them that they have with Last.fm, and let them continue to operate the way they have been up until now.

Offline Fujitsu

• JimmyTheKing
  • BCC Admin
  • Hard Modder!
  • Nostalgia ain't what it used to be
    • View Profile
Re: [Frontpage News]CBS buys CNET for 1.8 Billion
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 04:04:46 PM »
It's hard to say what will happen to CNET, since CNET has been losing money and just recently let 10% of their staff go, hopefully they don't just pillage CNET and let the rest die

Offline Upon1

• BCC n00b
    • View Profile
Re: [Frontpage News]CBS buys CNET for 1.8 Billion
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2008, 06:42:50 AM »
I really hope CBS doesn't screw this up. Hopefully they keep finding tons of product reviews and specifications because some of the time that's the only place you can find specifications on odd-ball items.