Author Topic: [Frontpage News]Zune Gears of War 2 Edition  (Read 3978 times)

Offline epithanatios

• BCC Staff
  • Static Discharge
    • View Profile
    • Ben's Blog
[Frontpage News]Zune Gears of War 2 Edition
« on: October 01, 2008, 07:02:28 PM »
http://www.bcchardware.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=6206&Itemid=1

I'm not sure how many of you fell in love with Gears of War or are excited enough about Gears of War 2 in order to buy a $280, albeit 120GB media player from Microsoft.  They have just announced the Gears of War 2 version and while it indeed looks pretty sweet with its laser etched back and wallpaper/sound/video clip collection, the extra $30 may be better spent on a nice case. 

mmmmm......gow2.... :smitten: :smitten: i don't know about u guys but time for me to start saving play money
« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 07:03:14 PM by epithanatios »

Offline VE6JHC

• Case Whacker
  • Heat Removal by H20
    • View Profile
Re: [Frontpage News]Zune Gears of War 2 Edition
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2008, 07:30:12 PM »
Zunes are a dead end....Even when Microsoft updates them they are still second rate. On a side note have you seen Rockbox installed on an older Ipod? Very cool setup.
Video Games will send you straight to Hell and Satan has a Rail Gun!

Offline Zeus

• I AM Canadian!
  • BCC Admin
  • Hard Modder!
  • [S]odbuster
    • View Profile
    • BCCHardware
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2008, 07:43:52 PM »
While the Zune may not be the best media player in the world, I love the PC software - way better than iTunes and the social music benefit is pretty cool as well.  If you have Last.FM, Pandora or something else, you'll know what I'm talking about here as well.

Also subscription based music has some merit as well.  All the tunes you want for $15 a month - no burn rights of course. . .  If you buy a song, you've got burn rights, but not through the sub.  If you haven't tried a Zune, it's worth looking at in the store for sure.

Offline Fujitsu

• JimmyTheKing
  • BCC Admin
  • Hard Modder!
  • Nostalgia ain't what it used to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2008, 10:59:46 PM »
Zunes are a dead end....Even when Microsoft updates them they are still second rate. On a side note have you seen Rockbox installed on an older Ipod? Very cool setup.

Just did a quick look at Rockbox and it looks very interesting, have you actually used it youself? Just curious as I'm assuming once you load it there probably is no going back.... (I didn't read for very long on their site...maybe you can go back)