Author Topic: Windows 7  (Read 3377 times)

Offline VE6JHC

• Case Whacker
  • Heat Removal by H20
    • View Profile
Windows 7
« on: February 23, 2009, 05:10:57 PM »
I have been running Windows 7 on a couple of machines for the past month. I first started out running them in a VM then ended up just installing them as I was quite please with the early results of my VM testing. My early thoughts are...Very Vista like...more like a Vista lite with a service pack that a new OS.

Pros
- Boots to the desk top and uses less then 500 MB of Ram (same system with Vista takes 1.2 GB  of Ram to boot to the desktop)
- I like the startup slash screen :-)
-Bitlocker now protects removable devices but I use TrueCrypt so its not really a feature for me.

Cons
- Lame Maclike Dock. Default view makes it hard to tell if it is an app or a data file or what it is. Maybe this will get better once I get used to it.

As far as speed goes...seems about the same as a Vista SP1 box on apps etc but it does feel snappier just clicking around and copying files etc...could be the extra ram available.

Just my early thoughts.
Video Games will send you straight to Hell and Satan has a Rail Gun!

Offline epithanatios

• BCC Staff
  • Static Discharge
    • View Profile
    • Ben's Blog
Re: Windows 7
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2009, 08:33:48 PM »
I agree, Windows 7 was what Vista was supposed to be, although I don`t have it installed on any of my machines at the moment, I did use windows 7 for a while, but the one thing that wasn`t so hot was that punkbuster didn`t recognize it as a valid OS yet so i couldn`t play any online games at all