Author Topic: VulcLAN 2010 Anyone?  (Read 15471 times)

Offline Wildcard

• BCC n00b
  • Deuces are wilD
    • View Profile
Re: VulcLAN 2010 Anyone?
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2010, 11:27:23 PM »
Certainly would love to come.  Unfortunately Feb is no good for me.  March might work.  I'll keep an eye out for the details.
I always thought animals couldn't talk until my cat told me they could.

Offline RoNiN

• BCC n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2010, 11:20:03 AM »
I'm looking forward to it and I hope it isn't going to be the weekend of March 13th. Pretty much any other weekend within a month each side of it works for me. O0 I too am disappointed about the lack of dedicated server support for MW2 but I really wouldn't discount it as an option. You can enable private matches within a LAN environment that give you control over many gameplay features. Despite the requirements I think you'll find a lot of people own and play it anyway. The requirements are actually pretty much the same as COD4 to play it's just for hosting that a 2.4Ghz or better dual core is recommended. It's pretty safe to say at least 1 in 10 players will meet that for hosting 5 vs 5. If enough people have BF BC2 then we could do that but it's released on March 2nd which is no good for a Feb Vulclan and pretty tight  for an early March event. I'm OK with COD4 being a main game again (heck CSS refuses to die lol) but it would be nice to introduce a newer shooter to the mix. Just my 2 bits, OK maybe 3. Ultimately I just can't wait to get up there again and help in any way I can. Keep up the good work guys. Let's keep VulcLAN growing.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 05:30:59 PM by RoNiN »

Offline broknecho

• BCC n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2010, 09:36:59 AM »
Looking forward to Vulclan this year although it looks like March 6th Weekend won't work for me.

Any ideas of what dates are being looked at?

~broknecho

Offline Zeus

• I AM Canadian!
  • BCC Admin
  • Hard Modder!
  • [S]odbuster
    • View Profile
    • BCCHardware
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2010, 09:43:56 AM »
We have just confirmed (like 20 minutes ago) April 1-4.  We can't get the venue (same as last year) until 3:30 on April 1, so that day will be mostly setup.  We should be going by 7:00pm so make sure you book all day Friday, April 2nd off and we'll start ripping things up for two solid days this year - plus some stuff on Sunday.

We are looking at changing up some rules and policies, so stay tuned for more details...

Offline broknecho

• BCC n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2010, 12:05:27 PM »
Fantastic!  O0  That will work.

Thanks Zeus.

~broknecho

Offline RoNiN

• BCC n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2010, 01:23:30 PM »
Sweet! I'll be there early Friday for sure but I'll try to come for Thursday evening if I can arrange it. That's a month after BF BC2 is out so perhaps it could be an official game...? I've heard that it won't have private dedicated server support (you can only rent them online) but I hope the game at least supports listen servers for LAN play. I couldn't imagine the developers doing that but in this new age of "cater to the consoles and stick it to the PC gamers" you never know what they'll do.

Offline 4u2nvme

• BCC n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2010, 02:14:37 PM »
We're certainly hoping so (internet).  It shouldn't be a big deal as we should have a better ISP this year.  Worst case scenario, we'll use some filtered internet from the PRSD.

How is the better ISP working out?  ;D

Offline Project X

• Static Discharge
    • View Profile
    • ProjectxLAN.com
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2010, 07:11:33 PM »
when is the next one?
Project X is a Calgary LAN party event group based in Calgary.

We have an amazing 2012 event lineup filled with Tournaments,competitions & much more! Check out ProjectxLAN.com

Offline Fujitsu

• JimmyTheKing
  • BCC Admin
  • Hard Modder!
  • Nostalgia ain't what it used to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2010, 07:33:47 PM »
when is the next one?

Next year? Haha

No plans for a date yet, chances are good it will be mid-march like normal (but not Easter weekend like this year) and we will make sure to give everyone lots of advance notice

Offline Seeker

• Solder Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2010, 07:11:12 PM »
Maybe earlier :) still a good turn out though..... Wished I could have made it....
Remember kids, if you happen to find yourself upside down and on fire, you've just discovered the meaning of "too fast".