Author Topic: Windows 7 Release Date  (Read 6375 times)

Offline Zeus

• I AM Canadian!
  • BCC Admin
  • Hard Modder!
  • [S]odbuster
    • View Profile
    • BCCHardware
Windows 7 Release Date
« on: July 14, 2009, 02:48:41 PM »
It seems that Microsoft has made an official release date of October 22 and will make it [http://blog.seattlepi.com/microsoft/archives/173590.asp]available to businesses on September 1[/url].  Later in July, it is expected to RTM.  This is all good news if you're planning on making the upgrade to the big 7.  I'm pretty happy with RC1 running on a couple of machines.  How has your experience been?

Offline lu

• Static Discharge
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Re: Windows 7 Release Date
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2009, 09:54:53 PM »
I tended to find it to run smoothly, with no problems at all.

Gaming was what I really wanted to see what happened though. FPS was a smooth 60 in UT3. With Vista 64 it varied between 20 and 120 . . . ridiculous. Lately though, for whatever reason, the 9.6 drivers? it started to run really fast, like XP. But it wasn't stable, and would crash after awhile. Looks promising though.

Offline lu

• Static Discharge
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2009, 10:23:11 AM »
Its Win 7 time! Got mine in the mail this morning. I also upgraded my system so I know it will run fast, smooth, and stable.

Offline Zeus

• I AM Canadian!
  • BCC Admin
  • Hard Modder!
  • [S]odbuster
    • View Profile
    • BCCHardware
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2009, 10:20:07 PM »
I'm currently running some CrossfireX with an nVIDIA GTX 260 doing PhysX.  Pretty cool stuff under Windows 7.

Offline x.clay

• Static Discharge
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2009, 06:16:36 AM »
I got Windows 7 up and running over the weekend and so far everything is running really well. 

I'm currently running some CrossfireX with an nVIDIA GTX 260 doing PhysX.  Pretty cool stuff under Windows 7.

How hard was it to setup under Windows 7?  I am running a P55 motherboard with a 4890 (maybe crossfire soon).  I have a x4 PCE lane for a PhysX card so it would be an interesting upgrade if it works well under Windows 7. 

Offline eden999

• BCC n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2009, 10:07:33 PM »
any1 know if w7 will run well on a netbook w/ N270 processor 1.5gb of ram? and intel 945 chip

Offline epithanatios

• BCC Staff
  • Static Discharge
    • View Profile
    • Ben's Blog
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2009, 06:26:42 AM »
I would guess it would run just fine, I ran win7 on a single core athlon 3000, and 1gb of ddr1 ram, and it runs very smoothly.

Offline Zeus

• I AM Canadian!
  • BCC Admin
  • Hard Modder!
  • [S]odbuster
    • View Profile
    • BCCHardware
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2009, 08:13:46 AM »
I'm just wrapping up a review and some notes for a guest lecture.  I'll get back to you later today - but it was fairly basic - if you get the hack/patch since NVIDIA killed this feature.  It does work fine with the patch though - and it works great on an ION.  I've ran it on my Lenovo S10e as well as the ASRock ION 330.  The Lenovo has the same processor and it feels and operates snappier than XP in my opinon.

I got Windows 7 up and running over the weekend and so far everything is running really well. 

How hard was it to setup under Windows 7?  I am running a P55 motherboard with a 4890 (maybe crossfire soon).  I have a x4 PCE lane for a PhysX card so it would be an interesting upgrade if it works well under Windows 7.