Author Topic: [Frontpage News]2009 was a good year for Nintendo  (Read 3141 times)

Offline Fujitsu

• JimmyTheKing
  • BCC Admin
  • Hard Modder!
  • Nostalgia ain't what it used to be
    • View Profile
[Frontpage News]2009 was a good year for Nintendo
« on: January 14, 2010, 10:23:28 PM »
http://www.bcchardware.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=8134&Itemid=1

There was some speculation that the 2009 Christmas season might not be so kind to Nintendo as it has been in years past, however thanks to the release of the numbers of hardware sales in December 2009 it appears that speculation was unfounded. The Wii moved over 3.8 million units in Dec. 2009 and the Nintendo DS moved 3.3 million units. In comparison the next was the PS3 who sold 1.3 million units. You can read more about. . .

I really found this article very interesting, its amazing how well Nintendo did in a year where most companies felt the recession hard (and alot of people have been saying Nintendo wouldn't be moving as many wii's because it was just a "fad").

Also interesting to note is that for the first month ever the Sony Playstation 3 broke the 1 million units sold in a month (1.3 million units), but it really was nothing compared to the 3.8 million Wii's that sold and the 3.3 million DS's.

Nintendo sometimes gets forgotten about in the whole PS3 vs Xbox360 debate, yet both of their platforms sold more than all of Sony and Microsoft combined.....
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 10:24:02 PM by Fujitsu »

Offline Zeus

• I AM Canadian!
  • BCC Admin
  • Hard Modder!
  • [S]odbuster
    • View Profile
    • BCCHardware
Re: [Frontpage News]2009 was a good year for Nintendo
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2010, 07:47:53 AM »
That is pretty incredible that they sell so many - and now that they are in stock and priced lower, I know many people who've purchased them in the past 4-6 months.

Offline JMBCC

• BCC n00b
    • View Profile
Re: [Frontpage News]2009 was a good year for Nintendo
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2010, 01:41:16 PM »
Nintendo gear still sells really well. It was interesting to see that the PS2 still sold over 300,000 units in December.