Author Topic: [Frontpage News]Nvidia announces GeForce GTX 480/470 launch date  (Read 3282 times)

Offline epithanatios

• BCC Staff
  • Static Discharge
    • View Profile
    • Ben's Blog
[Frontpage News]Nvidia announces GeForce GTX 480/470 launch date
« on: February 25, 2010, 09:01:38 PM »
http://www.bcchardware.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=8298&Itemid=1

Good news for Nvidia fans, the newest DirectX 11 compatible video cards from the green team are going to be launched on March 26, 2010. The GTX 480/470 series of cards are based on the "Fermi" platform (GF100) and should be pretty decent if you want top end performance. HotHardware has more on the launch, the rumors, and the known facts of the GF100 cards over here. [. . .

Is it just me or aren't these cards the same ones that had a less than 2% turnout rate from manufacturing?

Offline Zeus

• I AM Canadian!
  • BCC Admin
  • Hard Modder!
  • [S]odbuster
    • View Profile
    • BCCHardware
Re: [Frontpage News]Nvidia announces GeForce GTX 480/470 launch date
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2010, 09:12:59 PM »
Yes they are and they seem to have a few things figured out now.  These are also the same cards that they showed off at CES - and were constantly crashing.  I'm sure that we'll see them again at CeBIT this next week.  It will be interesting to see how they perform and hold up there.  They'll have had almost two full months to iron out the bugs.

Offline Fujitsu

• JimmyTheKing
  • BCC Admin
  • Hard Modder!
  • Nostalgia ain't what it used to be
    • View Profile
Re: [Frontpage News]Nvidia announces GeForce GTX 480/470 launch date
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2010, 09:47:41 PM »
I'm pretty sure even at launch they'll be tough to come by, I'd assume their manufacturing success rate is higher than it was but I doubt they are able to pump them out very quickly