Author Topic: [Frontpage News]VulcLAN 2010 Aftermath  (Read 8031 times)

Offline Wildcard

• BCC n00b
  • Deuces are wilD
    • View Profile
[Frontpage News]VulcLAN 2010 Aftermath
« on: April 05, 2010, 09:49:27 AM »
Thanks Zeus for a great gaming weekend.  Your hard work at putting it all together is muchly appreciated.  See you all next year.
I always thought animals couldn't talk until my cat told me they could.

Offline epithanatios

• BCC Staff
  • Static Discharge
    • View Profile
    • Ben's Blog
Re: [Frontpage News]VulcLAN 2010 Aftermath
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 11:17:26 AM »
Indeed! thankyou zeus! and now my rig is outfitted with water cooling! O0

Offline Zeus

• I AM Canadian!
  • BCC Admin
  • Hard Modder!
  • [S]odbuster
    • View Profile
    • BCCHardware
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 01:31:36 PM »
VulcLAN 2010 has come, gone and now many of us are in recovery mode.  While we did shut things down at night, I'm still feeling the lack of sleep.  News was late today, but we've got some good bits and a bit of a VulcLAN 2010 highlights gallery for you to check out.  Overall, the turnout was down a bit - due to the venue availability being restricted to Easter Weekend, but we had a great time.  The Trendnet Gigabit network was flawless, and the servers ran without a hitch.  Vulcan County provided unfiltered internet so we could game up with some Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2.  In the end "Honorary TDR" won first place in the MW2 tournament and we only lost a single game.  Many thanks to RoNiN, and BoneRak for providing CoD4 and UT3 servers.

I'd like to thank the list of sponsors as well for making it possible.  Unfortunately, some prizes didn't arrive in time so we'll be giving them away in the coming weeks.  Make sure you stay tuned for your chance to win.

Check out the gallery here.

Offline Project X

• Static Discharge
    • View Profile
    • ProjectxLAN.com
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2010, 04:23:42 PM »
Very cool :)

How many people were there that weekend?
Project X is a Calgary LAN party event group based in Calgary.

We have an amazing 2012 event lineup filled with Tournaments,competitions & much more! Check out ProjectxLAN.com

Offline Fujitsu

• JimmyTheKing
  • BCC Admin
  • Hard Modder!
  • Nostalgia ain't what it used to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2010, 05:52:10 PM »
Not sure what the final tally was as some were only able to make it for 1 of the days, but we were probably sitting just over 40 people this year

Numbers where down a little, but overall I'd say it was a success, I think everyone had a great time

Offline Project X

• Static Discharge
    • View Profile
    • ProjectxLAN.com
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2010, 10:49:32 PM »
That is the primary reason why most event hosts put on these events.. making sure everyone has a good time O0  What is the after event ritual for the hosts before you start working on the next one?
Project X is a Calgary LAN party event group based in Calgary.

We have an amazing 2012 event lineup filled with Tournaments,competitions & much more! Check out ProjectxLAN.com

Offline Cottonmouth

• BCC GMod
  • BCC n00b
  • I Hear That!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2010, 11:07:50 PM »
Good to see everyone had a good time! ;D :D :uglystupid2:

Offline Fujitsu

• JimmyTheKing
  • BCC Admin
  • Hard Modder!
  • Nostalgia ain't what it used to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2010, 07:14:07 AM »
That is the primary reason why most event hosts put on these events.. making sure everyone has a good time O0  What is the after event ritual for the hosts before you start working on the next one?

We sleep for a week!

Offline BoneRak

• Waiting to be Banned.
  • Case Whacker
  • I'm not camping, It's a picnic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2010, 10:14:24 AM »
OK guys, I just finished getting my UnrealTournament 2004 server ready for the LANparty..

I had a great time again this year. Thanks Zeus and Fujitsu for putting on VulcLAN 2010. Second place in two tournaments with great teammates isn't to bad no? Way to go Nicao and Epithanatios for the first place win in Unreal Tournament 3. I hope to have the honour next year to challenge you for that title. And the Call of Duty 4 team with thier.. untiring submissive play style that gained them the victory. Thank you for the lesson in enduring and the Oreo Cookie!
A hats off to the sponsors of the event. I like free stuff  O0
Even with the added evening of gaming, there still wasn't enough time to play all the games I wanted to. Trackmainia will have to wait until the next LANparty.

Now with a number of new contacts in my steam account, I look forward to playing with everyone throughout the year, till the time we all meet again at VulcLAN 2011.

Offline scienceguy

• BCC n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2010, 06:13:50 PM »
Hey for all you Supreme Commander fans, Forged Alliance is available for $19.99 at Direct2Drive. Maybe we can play that more next year.

-madscientist

Offline 4u2nvme

• BCC n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2010, 09:05:12 AM »
What an awesome time!!! Thanks, maybe next time I will get the dates right.  Was really good to see alot of old friends again this year, and I for one did appreciate the sleep  O0  I must be getting old, because I think I was shut down before the shut down time lol.

Breakfast was awesome once more, and Zeus thanks for all the hard work you put into this year like every other year.

Cheers!!! 

4U2NVME
--Brad.