Author Topic: [Frontpage News]Is it time to ditch Windows XP?  (Read 4088 times)

Offline HooRaH

• Static Discharge
    • View Profile
[Frontpage News]Is it time to ditch Windows XP?
« on: June 11, 2010, 08:52:53 AM »
http://www.bcchardware.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=8713&Itemid=1

Believe it or not, but Windows XP is still the dominate OS (still on over 50% of PC's globally), but is it time to finally give XP the boot and join the Windows 7 party? Computing.co.uk take a close look at Windows XP and give their thoughts on why it just might be time to do the upgrade.

[blockquote]

IT departments need to dump Microsoft's Windows XP operating system
   (OS). . .
I use XP. I refuse to upgrade

Offline BoneRak

• Waiting to be Banned.
  • Case Whacker
  • I'm not camping, It's a picnic!
    • View Profile
Re: [Frontpage News]Is it time to ditch Windows XP?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2010, 08:45:44 PM »
I was running Windows XP until my motherboard fried. Right now I am using a few Linux laptops. I know I will be back to Windows, because not that many of the games I own run on Linux. Now if/when Steam ports over to Linux..
I am using an old 3.8GHz Alianware laptop with gforce 6800 graphics. The laptop has a higher resolution than my desktop monitor!

Offline x.clay

• Static Discharge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2010, 06:53:58 AM »
my office still uses XP  ::).  I doubt they will consider upgrading until the economy picks up.  I will probably put XP on the PC I'm building for my wife but that is only becase I have a copy of XP that I'm not currently using.  If I had to buy a new OS it would definately be Win 7. 

Offline Fujitsu

• JimmyTheKing
  • BCC Admin
  • Hard Modder!
  • Nostalgia ain't what it used to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2010, 02:37:02 PM »
XP still gets the job done, I have it on my older laptop and it did everything I needed it to.

My main system is still rocking Vista, I installed it the week Vista was released and am still running the same install (it even survived when my motherboard died and I replaced with a different brand). My XP installs never lasted this long, they usually slowed down and I had to reinstall eventually, my Vista install has been speedy the whole time (although after this many years I've developed a couple software issues that I am too lazy to fix).

My new system (laptop) is running Windows 7 x64 (as well as the majority of our BCCHardware test rigs). Everything is speedy and works great, no complaints as of yet.

Offline Seeker

• Solder Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2010, 07:01:05 PM »
Still Xp pro here don't have to make the change so I wont.... would like to run Windows 7 to see what its about but in time the price will come down :)
Remember kids, if you happen to find yourself upside down and on fire, you've just discovered the meaning of "too fast".