Author Topic: Episode #57 - Netgear no-PC, vs. Lenovo All-in-One PC  (Read 3354 times)

Offline Zeus

• I AM Canadian!
  • BCC Admin
  • Hard Modder!
  • [S]odbuster
    • View Profile
    • BCCHardware
Episode #57 - Netgear no-PC, vs. Lenovo All-in-One PC
« on: July 12, 2010, 06:45:12 PM »
We have just posted up Episode #57 of Weekly Tech Update.  Below are the show notes and more.
This episode of Weekly Tech Update is brought to you by CoolIT Systems.

Download Episode #57
Subscribe to the feed.
Subscribe in iTunes!
Subscribe in Zune Marketplace!

More iPhone 4 Complaints 3:52
Just when you thought the iPhone 4 couldn’t really get any worse or be a bigger PR nightmare for Apple – it does.  CIO has more iPhone 4 complaints including proximity sensor issues.  It sounds like pretty much the worst phone on the market, yet it’s selling millions.  Here’s hoping they do a recall.

Oh, I almost forgot: iPhone 4 Catches Fire, Burns Owner’s Hand 5:07
For those of your that think software can fix a hardware issue: AppleCare says iPhone 4 Update Won’t Solve the Antenna Problem...yeah, like we said.

AT&T iPhone Upload Speeds in the Crapper 5:27
I know “the Crapper” isn’t politically correct, but when you have a $700 phone on an exclusive network claiming superfast speeds, an upload of 27kbps is pretty weak.  Wired has compiled a chart by city and speed that takes into account time of day.  It looks interesting and is a good warning to stay away from certain areas if you want decent service with your iPhone 4.

New Developments in Infinity Ward/Activision Drama 17:17
Let’s face it, Infinity Ward has really blew it with multiplayer for the PC on Call of Duty 6 – Modern Warfare 2.  It seems that the developers and employees are suing now seeking damages and unpaid royalties.  Good luck with that.  Although I agree that it sucks, these guys could have left if the game and feature sets sucked.  They knew it prior to release.  Come on.

Entertainment Consumer s Association: Vote Now 22:04
For nearly two decades, elected officials have tried to regulate which video games you can buy, rent and play. Every single time they’ve passed a law, the federal courts have struck it down as unconstitutional. But this may change this fall.  Head on over (if you’re a US citizen) and get your vote in to be counted.

Netgear ReadyNAS Ultra Device Stream Everywhere (Almost) 27:00
I love the idea behind the Netgear ReadyNAS devices that will stream to almost any wired or wireless device.  They can stream to your cell phone, DLNA-certified TV and more.   The only downside is that they come with drives pre-installed and cost $900 for the small model.  If you could DIY your own drives, this would be awesome.

Lenovo IdeaCenter B305 All-in-One PC Goodness 35:41
While Lenovo is not a name that you associate with slick products like the iMac, you’ve got to hand it to them with the B305 IdeaCenter products.  They start at a mere $700 (-15% off coupon) and include Athlon II X2 (or better) CPUs, DX11 Radeon graphics and a full 1080p multi-touch 21.5” screen.  You can get more RAM and a better CPU, but starting at $700, it’s not a bad choice.

Rejected/Banned iPad Promo
There is more truth to this than Apple would like you to believe.

Upcoming BCCHardware features:
Samsung NB30 Netbook
Samsung NX10 Mini-SLR
ASRock 890FX AM3 Motherboard
Crucial RealSSD 128GB SATA 3 (6Gbps) SSD
NZXT Vulcan mATX Case

Follow us on Twitter
Ben Heide is twitter.com/bcchardware
WeeklyTechUpdate is twitter.com/wtupdate
Send your comments directly to us at podcast@bcchardware.com or post them below in the forum.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 12:05:46 PM by Zeus »