Author Topic: [Frontpage News]WMWifiRouter for Windows Mobile Smartphones  (Read 4268 times)

Offline Zeus

• I AM Canadian!
  • BCC Admin
  • Hard Modder!
  • [S]odbuster
    • View Profile
    • BCCHardware
[Frontpage News]WMWifiRouter for Windows Mobile Smartphones
« on: August 18, 2008, 04:31:24 PM »
WMWifiRouter for Windows Mobile Smartphones

We have just taken a look at an amazing piece of software that turns your Smartphone into a WiFi Router.  Morose Media has sent over their WMWifiRouter software and this handy piece of code take the EVDO/EDGE/3G data from your Windows Mobile Smartphone and broadcasts it over the phones built-in WiFi.  If you have been thinking about buying an Air-Card for your laptop, consider this little piece of software first. If you have unlimited data on your phone it will save you hundreds of dollars per year.  Catch our review for all the details.

When not forcing the WMWifiRouter into ad-hoc mode I was able to connect a desktop PC, laptop and my iPod Touch all at the same time.  While the speed of the EVDO network doesn't really support major file downloading on multiple machines, I was able to surf the web on the desktop, update some applications on my iPod while running Last.FM on my laptop without any major issues. . .

Please post your thoughts, comments and feedback here.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 04:32:09 PM by Zeus »

Offline MegaHz

• Solder Master
  • Steam Name : MegaHz
    • View Profile
Re: [Frontpage News]WMWifiRouter for Windows Mobile Smartphones
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2008, 09:18:46 PM »
Great to hear that it worked out for you. Now if I can just get that wireless tether working for my iPhone, I'll be in the same blissful state you're currently in! (mind you capped at 6GB data vs your unlimited)

Offline Acecare

• BCC n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 06:38:32 PM »
This is my first time to hear this WMWifiRouter. I should try to install it to my iPhone. Hopefully, it really works on mine.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 10:23:06 PM by Acecare »
~SPAM removed from Sig~

Offline Zeus

• I AM Canadian!
  • BCC Admin
  • Hard Modder!
  • [S]odbuster
    • View Profile
    • BCCHardware
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2010, 06:39:53 PM »
"WMWiFi Router" = Window Mobile WiFi Router - I'm guessing you don't have WinMo on your iPhone.