Author Topic: Episode #64 - AT&T Kills Laptops with $1000 Tablets?  (Read 3208 times)

Offline Zeus

• I AM Canadian!
  • BCC Admin
  • Hard Modder!
  • [S]odbuster
    • View Profile
    • BCCHardware
Episode #64 - AT&T Kills Laptops with $1000 Tablets?
« on: August 30, 2010, 07:45:39 PM »
We have just posted up Episode #64 of Weekly Tech Update.  Below are the show notes and more.
This episode of Weekly Tech Update is brought to you by CoolIT Systems.

Download Episode #64
Subscribe to the feed.
Subscribe in iTunes!
Subscribe in Zune Marketplace!

AT&T says Tablets Might Make Laptops Obsolete 3:12
Jason and I completely disagree on this topic.  He says it will happen, I say laptops (and desktops for that matter) are here to stay.  Tablets will be a fad and an accessory, not a replacement.  Jason an AT&T donít think so however.  They think a $1000 Tablet will replace your laptop.

Hulu Plus Has 14% More Content 16:56
While 14% doesnít sound like much more, some TV series are only available with Hulu plus and many other shows have a lot more episodes Ė even the entire series.  For $10, Hulu Plus isnít a bad buy, but you have to be an avid TV watcher with a good broadband connection to take full advantage... sadly, Iím outÖ

Youtube Surpasses Yahoo As #3 Most Visited Website 23:06
Although Iíd assumed that this had already happened, itís interesting to see that Yahoo has held on this long and that there now two Google properties in the top 3 most viewed sites.  Google has to be pretty happy about #1 and #3.

Happy Birthday Windows 95 28:15
Thatís right Ė 15 years ago, Windows 95 was released and took the world by storm.  It was the most advanced and life changing OS ever released by Microsoft and was really the stepping stone for modern Windows OSís.  Did you ever install it?  What were your thoughts?

Commodore USA Announces a New PC64 in Replica Commodore Case 32:34
This week is apparently nostalgia week, and Commodore is happy to announce an Atom-based PC jammed into a replica Commodore64 case/keyboard.  It looks pretty sweet and I remember a lot of hours spent connected to bulletin boards over a 9600 baud modem on one of these.  Good timesÖ

Lenovo Launches New Video Game Console 35:10
Before Microsoft and Sony get all excited about this newcomer, we have to realize that isnít more of a Wiiíish device.  Does that mean that Nintendo is worried?  I donít think so as it is only available in China Ė and at the cost of three months wages.  I donít think itís going to do well, but Jason (once again) disagrees and says that the Lenovo name will make it happen.  Um, ok.  (See why I like to do shownotes Jason?!?)  More information over here at ITProPortal.

Recent Reviews:
Sentry LXE External Fan Controller
Urbanears Medis Headset
Thermolab Bada 2010 Heatsink

Upcoming BCCHardware features:
ASRock 890FX Extreme 4 Motherboard
HALE Series PSU NZXT 750
Nook eBook Reader
Arctic Products Headsets
Wireless USB Dock
Thermaltake Notebook Cooler

Follow us on Twitter
Ben Heide is twitter.com/bcchardware
WeeklyTechUpdate is twitter.com/wtupdate
Send your comments directly to us at podcast@bcchardware.com or post them below in the forum.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 08:29:47 AM by Zeus »