Author Topic: [Frontpage News]VulcLAN 2012 Wrapup  (Read 2230 times)

Offline GuyOnABuffalo

• BCC n00b
  • Fear the beard
    • View Profile
[Frontpage News]VulcLAN 2012 Wrapup
« on: March 18, 2012, 05:41:14 PM »
Wanted to give a shout out to Zeus and Fujitsu on running another awesome lan party.  Thanks guys for all your hard work!  The 19 player Team Greed match was epic.
--Cheaper than adoption

Offline Seeker

• Solder Master
    • View Profile
Re: [Frontpage News]VulcLAN 2012 Wrapup
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2012, 06:19:59 PM »
yes awesome turn out thanks for all that made it this year. A lot of work went into the prep... thanks to all the sponsors for the goods.. No power outages and good weather.. Watching that last map (Team Greed) was just a bit insane.... but funny to watch... lol.. 
Remember kids, if you happen to find yourself upside down and on fire, you've just discovered the meaning of "too fast".

Offline Zeus

• I AM Canadian!
  • BCC Admin
  • Hard Modder!
  • [S]odbuster
    • View Profile
    • BCCHardware
Re: [Frontpage News]VulcLAN 2012 Wrapup
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2012, 07:05:57 PM »
Wow.  Thanks guys for making VulcLAN 2012 possibly one of the most fun events that I've had the pleasure to host.  It was a great time, and thanks to the awesome sponsors, we gave out over $5,800 worth of prizes over the weekend.  Amazing.

I'd like to offer up special thanks to Fujitsu for his mad organizational skills on the tournaments and for GuyOnABuffalo for all of his help setting up the match schedules.  

Also, BoneRak and RoNiN once again brought servers and rocked our event with lag-free CoD4, MW3 and UT3 machines.  It was awesome.  Probably the most fun I had was with the some "Greed" mod on the CoD4 where we had 10v9 for some total mayhem.  Shipment was just a little chaotic.

Samsung dropped a couple of 59" TVs our way for the console tournaments and I'd like to thank Tigger for keeping things going (even though it got late) with the NFS:MW tournament.  I'd also like to thank everyone for being flexible and understanding as we had to swap out NFS:Carbon for NFS:Most Wanted.

One of the highlights of the whole LAN for me was announcing the impromptu Jedi vs. Padawan (BoneRak & Nicao vs. Echo & Epithanatios).  The wit and sarcasm of Fujitsu and MadScientist was pretty epic.

One of my most disturbing moments had to be when Ess chainsaw melee'd both Nicao and I in the Gears of War 3 tournament.  I still feel a little whipped that I got sawed by a girl... heh  Nicely done.

Thanks again to everyone - sponsors, staff, players, organizers for making this such a fun event to do every year.  We already have some ideas for next year as we will be adding a RTS to the mix.

Some pictures are up here, and I will be posting more soon.  Thanks to Nicao and others for helping document the event with pics!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 12:45:26 PM by Zeus »