Author Topic: [Frontpage News]BitFenix Spectre Pro LED 120mm Fans  (Read 2241 times)

Offline Zeus

• I AM Canadian!
  • BCC Admin
  • Hard Modder!
  • [S]odbuster
    • View Profile
    • BCCHardware
[Frontpage News]BitFenix Spectre Pro LED 120mm Fans
« on: May 03, 2012, 09:20:50 PM »
BitFenix Spectre Pro LED 120mm Fans

We have just taken a look at some fans from BitFenix.  They may not be the first name you think of when it comes to fans, but if you need to upgrade your stock cooling, their Spectre Pro LED fans offer more than just some good looks.  If you need a new case or CPU fan, check out all the details over here.

I have a lot of fans in my system and I had to really turn down every other fan and listen really close to hear these fans at all.  At about 1100 RPM I could start to hear them above the system noise in my PC.  When comparing these to the original stock fans - all three Spectre fans running at 1200 RPM are still much much quieter than having one of the originals running full blast. . .

Please post your comments and questions for "Onion" right here.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 09:21:24 PM by Zeus »

Offline Project X

• Static Discharge
    • View Profile
    • ProjectxLAN.com
Re: [Frontpage News]BitFenix Spectre Pro LED 120mm Fans
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 03:11:42 PM »
Very nice. How do you figure they rank compared to some of the leading fan manufactures out there?
Project X is a Calgary LAN party event group based in Calgary.

We have an amazing 2012 event lineup filled with Tournaments,competitions & much more! Check out ProjectxLAN.com

Offline Fujitsu

• JimmyTheKing
  • BCC Admin
  • Hard Modder!
  • Nostalgia ain't what it used to be
    • View Profile
Re: [Frontpage News]BitFenix Spectre Pro LED 120mm Fans
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2012, 11:15:47 AM »
They seem to be pretty solid (even when compared to other "Top" brands).

MSRP of these fans is ~$14.99 so you'll probably save around 5 bucks or so per fan when comparing them to Noctua for example.

I'd say if you want some fans with LED's, for the price these appear to be a pretty good choice.