Author Topic: Genius EasyPen F610E Graphics Tablet  (Read 11917 times)

Offline Zeus

• I AM Canadian!
  • BCC Admin
  • Hard Modder!
  • [S]odbuster
    • View Profile
    • BCCHardware
Genius EasyPen F610E Graphics Tablet
« on: May 14, 2013, 08:47:19 PM »
Genius EasyPen F610E Graphics Tablet

We have just posted our review of the Genius EasyPen F610E Graphics Tablet.  This tablet is a great tablet that has a bargain price tag and a whole lot of features.  Granted, Genius isn't as popular as Wacom, but the money you'll save is pretty awesome - and it works very well.  I've got a couple of small issues with it, but it's not a deal breaker.  Please check out our review for all the details.

The Genius EasyPeb F610E is a bargain at $99 and you can find it even cheaper than that online.  It seems to have good quality, excellent performance and an average software bundle.  When you combine this with a bargain price-tag, you have a winner.  While the Genius name may not inspire as much confidence as Wacom, we?ve had no issues with this tablet during our review and the support from Genius seems to be getting better and better here in North America.

Please post your thoughts and comments right here.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 09:19:21 PM by Zeus »

Offline mistersquirrle

• BCC n00b
  • Who dat'?
    • View Profile
Re: Genius EasyPen F610E Graphics Tablet
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 10:23:40 PM »
Hey, just let me say first, that was a good review :) I liked it.

But now onto my issue. I just ordered and received my F610E (before even seeing this review), and I'm having an issue with the tablet.

The pen won't 'hover' over the surface. When I bring the pen in (even as close as 1mm), it won't move the mouse, unless I touch the pen to the surface. Once I lift the pen after tapping it on the surface, the program/driver still registers the pen as "in proximity" until it's out of a normal "hover" range.
I can also get the mouse to track the pen if I hold one of the pens buttons down, but then I'm unable to click, or use the other button. So that's useless.

I don't know what the issue is, I've used the driver that came with the CD, and the newest off their website. Same problem.

I don't suppose that you, or anyone here would know of a fix for this? That pretty much makes the tablet unusable to me.

Offline Zeus

• I AM Canadian!
  • BCC Admin
  • Hard Modder!
  • [S]odbuster
    • View Profile
    • BCCHardware
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2013, 09:20:29 PM »
Hey Mistersquirrle - what OS are you running?  Please give me a few more details as to Operating System and software (or is it system wide)?  I know that ours did not behave that way at all.  We have a GREAT Genius Rep and I'm sure we can give you a hand.  Thanks for reaching out!

Offline mistersquirrle

• BCC n00b
  • Who dat'?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2013, 09:48:33 PM »
Driver version: 5.01
Tablet: USB Tablet
Model: a X 6
Version: 1.03

Windows 7 (up-to-date)

I emailed the Genius support also, and I was thinking last night that it was just something that was wrong with the pen, since the issues seemed like the pen wasn't sending the right signal to let the tablet know that it was close, or that the tablet should be receiving.

I tried using my pen from my Genius F610, and it tracks normally. Obviously I don't have the 2048 levels of pressure that the F610E Pen offers, but this'll work for now.

Genius support got back to me earlier today, and said also that they would have to replace the pen to fix the problem, so it looks like that's what I'll have to do.

Offline Zeus

• I AM Canadian!
  • BCC Admin
  • Hard Modder!
  • [S]odbuster
    • View Profile
    • BCCHardware
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2013, 09:56:37 PM »
Thanks for the update!  Please let us know when you get it all working again.  That would be greatly appreciated.  Glad their support got back to you too.

Offline Chaz

• BCC n00b
  • Who dat'?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2014, 12:16:37 PM »
Mistersquirrle, I have had the EXACT SAME "no hover" problem. The local agent emailed Genius (I think in Ta═wan) who responded:(EXACTLY word for word):
"For F610E, base on product design the touch pen only use when touch tablet surface or click buttom, please note and any questions you may
have please let us know."
- the person who responded had OBVIOUSLY NEVER used a
graphics tablet IN HIS LIFE.
??? "click buttom" ???

This was as recently as 8 DEC. 2014.
I tried on both XP & Window 7 and NO HOVER.
Our local agent for Genius is stumped (and CLUELESS).

What was YOUR solution to this problem?
Thanks in advance.
chazeraai@gmail.com