Author Topic: Plextor's PX-708UF External DVD±RW : "Got Speed II?" Review  (Read 3563 times)

Offline Zeus

• I AM Canadian!
  • BCC Admin
  • Hard Modder!
  • [S]odbuster
    • View Profile
    • BCCHardware
Plextor's PX-708UF External DVD±RW : "Got Speed II?" Review
« on: February 23, 2004, 09:15:09 AM »
I've just posted up the latest review here at BCC.  It's Plextor's PX-708UF External DVD±RW : "Got Speed II?" review.  The product on the bench is the External version of their 8X DVD±RW.  Could it be the perfect drive?  Head on over here to find out!!

Here's a clip:
The quest for optical storage has been taken to a new high lately. The price of CDRW drives is practically through the floor, and DVDRW drives are dropping in price faster than Canada's beef prices. DVD-R and DVD+R media has really dropped in price, and this has allowed more people to use DVDs for regular data storage instead of CDs.

As always, you comments and questions are welcome.

Offline LobbDogg

• Solder Master
  • and I'm a man who loves his Taffy!
    • View Profile
    • World of Xen
Re:Plextor's PX-708UF External DVD±RW : "Got Speed II?" Review
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2004, 11:38:56 AM »
I had the chance to play with one while at work, and I quite liked it, I had it setup through firewire and it was just like its brother, quiet, reliable, and stable.  two thumbs up from me.  Good drive for sure if you need external capabilities.
Intel i7 650 | Asus P6TD Deluxe | Geforce 660 GT | 12 GB Patriot PC12800 | Corsair 600watt Modular PSU