Author Topic: Starview SV421USB KVM - "KVM For The Masses?" Review  (Read 4571 times)

Offline Zeus

• I AM Canadian!
  • BCC Admin
  • Hard Modder!
  • [S]odbuster
    • View Profile
    • BCCHardware
Starview SV421USB KVM - "KVM For The Masses?" Review
« on: March 02, 2004, 11:00:10 AM »
I've posted up a review of the bargain StarView SV421USB Server Sharer KVM Switch over here.  It is a cost-effective way to share a keyboard, video, mouse and two other USB devices.  Very cool stuff.  Here's a clip:

It wasn't that long ago when a KVM was a tool that only the hardcore computer technician could afford. Today, many computer enthusiasts can benefit from KVM's, but the functionality and cost of a KVM can still be called into question. We are going to look at a KVM from StarTech, that comes barebones, but at a price most anyone could afford. Enter the SV421USB KVM. . .

Please feel free to post your thoughts, comments & questions.

Offline Death

• Case Whacker
  • Pumbaa
    • View Profile
    • Bio-Hazard
Re:Starview SV421USB KVM - "KVM For The Masses?" Review
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2004, 04:27:51 PM »
That little KVM is just what I need...... ;D I'm going to have to search around the net to see if I can find one here in the US. It would solve alot of problems for me when I'm working on other peoples systems here at home.............  ;)
Mountain Mods U2-UFO, DFI LanParty UT NF4 Ultra-D, AMD A64 3000 (Venice), Ultra XL PC3200 (2x512), HIS X800XL, WD SATA 80Gig, Lite-On DVD & DL DVDRW, Thermaltake TWV 500w, Samsung 997DF 19" CRT.

Offline Zeus

• I AM Canadian!
  • BCC Admin
  • Hard Modder!
  • [S]odbuster
    • View Profile
    • BCCHardware
Re:Starview SV421USB KVM - "KVM For The Masses?" Review
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2004, 04:44:56 PM »
It's a sweet unit for sure.  A few other members have one too I think.  It's mounted to my desk and awefully handy for sure.  Probably some of the best $35CDN I've spend in a long time. . . at least on computer gear.