Author Topic: New Forum Engine  (Read 5132 times)

Offline Zeus

• I AM Canadian!
  • BCC Admin
  • Hard Modder!
  • [S]odbuster
    • View Profile
    • BCCHardware
New Forum Engine
« on: April 03, 2004, 07:16:06 PM »
The last few weeks have been quite busy.  We've moved hosting companies, and I've just finished installing a new forum.  Yup, you're looking at it.  This is no longer a YaBB Forum.  We've moved to the SMF forum that offers both administrators, and users far more options.

Head on over into your "Profile" section to find out more.  You can even choose a default theme to view the forum.  That's under "Additional Preferences".  Enjoy, explore, and have fun!!

If you notice any bugs, make sure you post them in the Suggestions and Feedback Thread.

Offline Death

• Case Whacker
  • Pumbaa
    • View Profile
    • Bio-Hazard
Re: New Forum Engine
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2004, 08:39:34 PM »
It all seems to be working pretty good for me. So far no problems........ ;D
Mountain Mods U2-UFO, DFI LanParty UT NF4 Ultra-D, AMD A64 3000 (Venice), Ultra XL PC3200 (2x512), HIS X800XL, WD SATA 80Gig, Lite-On DVD & DL DVDRW, Thermaltake TWV 500w, Samsung 997DF 19" CRT.

Offline VE6JHC

• Case Whacker
  • Heat Removal by H20
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2004, 11:25:10 AM »
It's fast.....
Video Games will send you straight to Hell and Satan has a Rail Gun!

Offline Zeus

• I AM Canadian!
  • BCC Admin
  • Hard Modder!
  • [S]odbuster
    • View Profile
    • BCCHardware
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2004, 12:18:08 PM »
I'm planning on doing some major changes to BensCustomCases.com in the coming months.  Instead of running it just plain HTML, I'll be going to an SQL & PHP based site.  I believe I can do that by using the same engine.  It will make it much more dynamic, and simplier to use and navigate.

The only downside is the conversion of everything I have now. . .

Offline LobbDogg

• Solder Master
  • and I'm a man who loves his Taffy!
    • View Profile
    • World of Xen
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2004, 03:41:05 PM »
Yeah I noticed it too, especially at the bottom of the main forum login.  It shows who has upcoming birthdays and who has logged in the last 15 minutes or so.  Good job on the move.  For the most part I'd never notice if I didn't pay attention to the small things. 
Intel i7 650 | Asus P6TD Deluxe | Geforce 660 GT | 12 GB Patriot PC12800 | Corsair 600watt Modular PSU

Offline Zeus

• I AM Canadian!
  • BCC Admin
  • Hard Modder!
  • [S]odbuster
    • View Profile
    • BCCHardware
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2004, 06:30:38 PM »
This forum engine is much faster.  It typically generates pages in less that 1/100 of a second.  I've very impressed with it for a beta forum.  There will be tonnes of new themes and settings available in the coming weeks and months. . . so check back and post often!