Author Topic: Hardware Bits from Vortez  (Read 948 times)

Offline Zeus

• I AM Canadian!
  • BCC Admin
  • Hard Modder!
  • [S]odbuster
    • View Profile
    • BCCHardware
Hardware Bits from Vortez
« on: December 07, 2013, 12:03:24 AM »
As we continue to catch up, I've pulled a bunch of news bits from Vortez. If you're looking for a new PC case for instance, they take a look at both the In Win 904 mid-tower chassis that is classy as well as the Lian Li PC-10N case. Both are nice, but the In WIn case has something a little special.

Now that you've got your case all lined up, how about some good cooling? They look at the Corsair Hydro Series H75 Liquid cooler to kick things off. They follow up that review with some more traditional air-coolers such as the Gamer Storm Lucifer HSF, the Cooler Master V8 GTS as well as the Antec KUHLER H20 1250 system. Each of these coolers are excellent at what they do, and it's just a matter of picking something in your price point or that matches your style.

On the graphics side of things, they give us the scoop on a few cards. The GeForce GTX 780 Ti 3GB GDDR5 card would always be a nice addition, but if you can't afford that, there are a couple of other choices. The Gigabyte GV-R927XOC-2GD is a fast card based on the new RV2790 chip and it's pretty quick for the money. The HIS R9 270X IceQ x2 Turbo isn't quite as fancy, but it's based on the same chip. Both are great cards.

Image Courtesy of VortezAs we wrap up their month of reviews we are left with the Creative Sound Blaster EVO ZxR Active Noice Canceling headphones. If they work half as good as they look, I'm buying a pair. If you need to keep an eye on your headphones - or any other gear, the Compro TN600W network camera may be useful. If you want to store the footage from your camera - or any machine at your place of residence, check out the Thecus N2560 NAS or the smaller Corsair Flash Voyager GS 128GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive.

Click here to read this article!