Author Topic: PX-712A: Plextor's Extreme 12x DVD±RW Review  (Read 4675 times)

Offline Zeus

• I AM Canadian!
  • BCC Admin
  • Hard Modder!
  • [S]odbuster
    • View Profile
    • BCCHardware
PX-712A: Plextor's Extreme 12x DVD±RW Review
« on: May 23, 2004, 05:54:36 AM »
I've been very lucky to receive Plextor's latest DVD±RW drive - the PX-712A.  This has got the be the BMW of drives.  It has performance and quality written all over it.  It's also the very first 12X DVD±RW to market.  Check out the review here and see if this drive fits the bill for your situation.  We'll take a good look at the drive and all the extras including GigaRec, SecuRec, VariRec, and Silent Mode.  Head on over, it'll be a good ride.

In the meantime, here's a clip:

The question that remains is, 'Could I recommend this drive?' Absolutely. Previous drives from Plextor were equally worthy, and with the inclusion of PlexTools Pro, and all the features that go along with it - it's an incredible product. I had always thought there would be no replacing my Plexwriter Premium, but now that this drive carries the abilities of the Premium, I'm not so sure. It is worth considering as the only optical drive you would ever need. Fast, quiet, accurate, reliable - really.

Please post any comments, questions and feedback you have regarding the review right here.  :)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2004, 02:26:48 PM by Zeus »

jrhondeau

Re: PX-712A: Plextor's Extreme 12x DVD±RW Review
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2004, 08:59:05 AM »
I've been procrastinating about which DVD burner I was going to buy.. After reading your very comprehensive review on Plextor's PX-712A I am going to order this today..

Your review covers every facet of operation and takes away any apprehension about what is included with the unit.  I was especially pleased to see that a manual comes with the drive..

Thanks and you did an outstanding job... I'll use Bens Custom Cases as a source of information from now on...

Offline Seeker

• Solder Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2004, 04:26:43 PM »
Ditto on the Plextor stuff.. I have bought the Px-708a from Zeus (first dvd burner) and took his advice and it works like a dream just slap a dvd in and go Thanks man!!! :)
Remember kids, if you happen to find yourself upside down and on fire, you've just discovered the meaning of "too fast".

Offline Zeus

• I AM Canadian!
  • BCC Admin
  • Hard Modder!
  • [S]odbuster
    • View Profile
    • BCCHardware
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2004, 07:13:46 PM »
Thanks and you did an outstanding job... I'll use Bens Custom Cases as a source of information from now on...

Thanks very much.  That's why I keep on doing what I do.