Author Topic: Verizon Cancels "Free Data" with Chromebook Deal  (Read 953 times)

Offline Zeus

• I AM Canadian!
  • BCC Admin
  • Hard Modder!
  • [S]odbuster
    • View Profile
    • BCCHardware
Verizon Cancels "Free Data" with Chromebook Deal
« on: June 24, 2014, 09:12:03 PM »
There are a lot of Chromebooks on the market today and many of them can be found for under $249. These all come with an impressive 100GB of Google Drive storage for two years. If you spend an extra $1000 on a Chromebook Pixel, you also received LTE data from Verizon - gratis - just for shopping and spending a lot of extra money. Well, the gravy train has derailed and Verizon just canceled this promotion and that affects everyone who bought into it. Google is trying to make amends and offering $150 credit, but still that doesn't go very far when you're eating up data. Poor form Verizon. Poor form.

Verizon is telling customers that as far as it's concerned, the plans were valid only for one year -- and that's why those initiated last spring are now expiring. I called the carrier's customer service line and, after holding for 15 minutes and then talking in circles to an agent for another 10, was able to get through to a supervisor. That person politely told me he wasn't aware of any two-year commitment and that -- despite my pointing out official documentation to the contrary -- there was nothing he could do to help me.Source: ComputerWorld

Click here to read this article!