Author Topic: Fall 2014 Cooler Roundup  (Read 1232 times)

Offline Zeus

• I AM Canadian!
  • BCC Admin
  • Hard Modder!
  • [S]odbuster
    • View Profile
    • BCCHardware
Fall 2014 Cooler Roundup
« on: October 17, 2014, 06:58:07 PM »
Fall 2014 Cooler Roundup

We have just posted up our Fall 2014 Cooling Roundup. In this roundup we take a look at a few liquid coolers from NZXT and Thermaltake as well as heatsinks from Thermaltake and Noctua. We put them head-to-head in a maximum-performance shootout on a mildly overclocked Intel Core i7 4790K CPU.  If you are looking for a new cooler this fall, take a look as we've updated our cooling platform to reflect more current CPUs and have a total of nine coolers battling for top honors. Check our review for all the details.

We have coolers from Noctua, Thermaltake and NZXT represented here today and this round will cover HSF units as well as liquid cooling kits. We won't do a direct comparison of noise, but we will make some notes as to noise levels as we go. If you want some good kit-cooling and have a decent budget, make sure you follow along to see the candidates.

Please post your thoughts, comments and questions right here.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 06:43:09 PM by Zeus »

Offline Zeus

• I AM Canadian!
  • BCC Admin
  • Hard Modder!
  • [S]odbuster
    • View Profile
    • BCCHardware
Re: Fall 2014 Cooler Roundup
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2014, 06:46:33 PM »
The review has been updated as I noted that the Noctua cooler wasn't actually spinning at full speed. With the fans spinning up to full speed, this cooler is still moderately quiet - and the performance is much better. The charts and notations on the last two pages now accurately reflect the performance of this cooler.