Author Topic: Trendnet Powerline 500AV2 Adapter Kit  (Read 1593 times)

Offline Zeus

• I AM Canadian!
  • BCC Admin
  • Hard Modder!
  • [S]odbuster
    • View Profile
    • BCCHardware
Trendnet Powerline 500AV2 Adapter Kit
« on: December 21, 2014, 11:33:10 PM »
Trendnet Powerline 500AV2 Adapter Kit

We have just posted up a review of the Trendnet TPL-408E2K Powerline Networking Kit. This is a 600Mbps kit that offers only slightly better performance at close range than Trendnet's previous kits. The big news is the speed at which this kit operates at some pretty extreme ranges. When placed in another building almost 150 meters away here at my residence, the kit performs 10x better than other kits we've seen. Check our review for all the details.

This hardware is very affordable and if you are having some challenges running a wireless network or you simply want wires, make sure you check out this kit as it comes in under $50. It tops the performance numbers at this point for any Powerline kit we've seen and we expect things to continue to get better. Even with extreme ranges, the performance was still very good.

Please post your thoughts, comments and questions regarding this review right here.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 11:35:37 PM by Zeus »

Offline Seeker

• Solder Master
    • View Profile
Re: Trendnet Powerline 500AV2 Adapter Kit
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2015, 10:30:10 PM »
I'd be interested... should work I think for ip camera's right ?? Any older ones around that I could try and buy  ??
Remember kids, if you happen to find yourself upside down and on fire, you've just discovered the meaning of "too fast".

Offline Zeus

• I AM Canadian!
  • BCC Admin
  • Hard Modder!
  • [S]odbuster
    • View Profile
    • BCCHardware
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2015, 01:13:04 AM »
Shoot me a text tomorrow morning early Seeker. We'll chat!

Offline Seeker

• Solder Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2015, 08:45:43 PM »
ok got to make a trip to town to drop daughter off at work....     8)
Remember kids, if you happen to find yourself upside down and on fire, you've just discovered the meaning of "too fast".

Offline Zenphic

• Static Discharge
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2015, 03:41:06 PM »
I am really tempted in getting a powerline adapter. NCIX regularly has the TP-Link TL-PA4010KIT AV500 and the 4TRENDnet TPL-406E2K starter kits going for $30. I have a PC in the basement (2 floor + basement house) and it gets decent speeds (2 MB/s on network transfers) but I suspect a powerline would be better. The only thing is that the building is old and I'm not sure if the electrical wiring would make it possible use the powerline.