Author Topic: Samsung SyncMaster 172X 12ms Gaming LCD Review  (Read 3489 times)

Offline Zeus

• I AM Canadian!
  • BCC Admin
  • Hard Modder!
  • [S]odbuster
    • View Profile
    • BCCHardware
Samsung SyncMaster 172X 12ms Gaming LCD Review
« on: August 12, 2004, 08:12:15 PM »
Samsung has been good to me lately and let me take a look at their 172X 12ms response 17" LCD.  This thing looks great and supports a native resolution of 1280x1024 as well as both DVI and VGA inputs.  If you want the closest thing to perfection is the LCD world, you owe it to yourself to check out this review.

Catch the goodness here
, and enjoy this clip in the meantime:

After reading the last review I posted of the Samsung 192MP, Samsung got a hold of me and said they'd sent me an LCD that would silence my complaints of "Ghosting" in Games. The model that arrived at my door less than a week later was the 172X "Narrow & Slim Color TFT LCD Display". This unit boasts a smokin' 12ms response time, and does this without lowering the image quality that other LCD manufacturers seem to have to. I've had this on the bench as my primary display for a few weeks now and was even able to take it to a small local LAN party. This review is written with the experience of well over 60 hours of usage. I've become very familiar with it, and am sad to see it leave. So lets get to it. . .
« Last Edit: August 12, 2004, 08:30:32 PM by Zeus »