Author Topic: New Site is coming together nicely.  (Read 4628 times)

Offline Zeus

• I AM Canadian!
  • BCC Admin
  • Hard Modder!
  • [S]odbuster
    • View Profile
    • BCCHardware
New Site is coming together nicely.
« on: September 09, 2004, 03:50:35 AM »
Thanks to a bunch of hard work from Nicao and his excellent coding skills, the new BCC is coming together nicely.  I'm pounding content over as fas as I can, and we could be back up and running on the new site by the middle of next week.  Thanks for your patience and understanding.

I'm working as fast as I can!

Offline Zeus

• I AM Canadian!
  • BCC Admin
  • Hard Modder!
  • [S]odbuster
    • View Profile
    • BCCHardware
Re: New Site is coming together nicely.
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2004, 10:24:02 AM »
I've just shifted the forum database over into the new integration.  If you're viewing this page, you are actually viewing it on the new setup, and not at the old location. . . just thought I'd share.

Offline LobbDogg

• Solder Master
  • and I'm a man who loves his Taffy!
    • View Profile
    • World of Xen
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2004, 08:40:40 PM »
Well I think you aren't working fast enough.  I mean a whole week without news updates at BCC?  C'mon. 

JK, Actually you must be working fast at it, keep up the good work to both you and Nicao and I look forward to seeing the new site.
Intel i7 650 | Asus P6TD Deluxe | Geforce 660 GT | 12 GB Patriot PC12800 | Corsair 600watt Modular PSU

Offline Zeus

• I AM Canadian!
  • BCC Admin
  • Hard Modder!
  • [S]odbuster
    • View Profile
    • BCCHardware
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2004, 04:07:47 AM »
I have to pretty much re-type and upload my entire site to a new location using only dial-up.  With all of the pictures that have built up over the years, this is about a 150MB process - on dialup.  Also I have to link to new objects and port everything over.  I'm working like a beast, and have been pulling about 4 hours of sleep a night just to get this done.