Author Topic: 1 Billion Windows 10 PCs by 2017  (Read 1413 times)

Offline Fujitsu

• JimmyTheKing
  • BCC Admin
  • Hard Modder!
  • Nostalgia ain't what it used to be
    • View Profile
1 Billion Windows 10 PCs by 2017
« on: June 25, 2015, 07:44:46 AM »
Microsoft has set the expectations high for Windows 10, really high if we are wanting to get technical. Microsoft has set the goal of having 1 Billion Windows 10 PCs in the market by the end of 2017 and while that seems crazy, according to a new study it really isn't all that crazy at all. Windows 10 has been a topic of discussion every couple weeks on our weekly podcast WeeklyTechUpdate and from what we've seen I think I'd give Windows 10 a much better shot at domination than previous versions. CNN Money takes a look at Windows 10 and Microsoft's plans to take over the world.

It sounds insane. But a study of IT professionals released Wednesday suggests that Microsoft should be able to hit that target with ease.   Spiceworks, an online network of millions of IT professionals, found that nearly three-quarters of businesses plan on installing Windows 10 within two years of the software's July 29, 2015, release.   Already 60% of IT departments have tested the new Microsoft operating system, and 40% plan to start rolling out Windows 10 this year.

Click here to read this article!

Offline MaraudingDemon

• Case Whacker
  • I'm a MaraudingDemon!
    • View Profile
Re: 1 Billion Windows 10 PCs by 2017
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2015, 06:05:13 AM »
I wonder if they mean that many will be sold or just on the market.

Offline Fujitsu

• JimmyTheKing
  • BCC Admin
  • Hard Modder!
  • Nostalgia ain't what it used to be
    • View Profile
Re: 1 Billion Windows 10 PCs by 2017
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2015, 12:52:05 AM »
I would think it would be safe to guess that it will include all the 'free upgrades' for Windows 7 and 8 users.....