Author Topic: new wireless high speed..  (Read 4504 times)

Offline Seeker

• Solder Master
    • View Profile
new wireless high speed..
« on: October 24, 2004, 08:01:51 PM »
I have bought these new tranzeo radio from wildrose network, installled it looked at the signal,quality and everything is up where is should be. Problem is i dont have the speed as everyone else does. Have tried everything ,new radio plug in's,different nic,different rigs and still can download at 12.6 kilobits per second thats way low for this type of service i have the 1.5 down and 512 up i believe.. Any ideas??

www.tranzeo.com for more info
Remember kids, if you happen to find yourself upside down and on fire, you've just discovered the meaning of "too fast".

Offline Nicao

• Mmm . . . Linux. . .
  • BCC Admin
  • Case Whacker
  • Linux Rocks
    • View Profile
    • S.L.A.G.D.
Re: new wireless high speed..
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2004, 09:15:34 PM »
Seeker, there are problems with massive slowdowns and poor download speeds all through the network, not just out to the internet, and certainly not just you.  As WildRose works on the problem, I suggest patience as the best policy.
Life is a toilet.  As soon as you get caught up, someone flushes you again.

Offline Zeus

• I AM Canadian!
  • BCC Admin
  • Hard Modder!
  • [S]odbuster
    • View Profile
    • BCCHardware
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2004, 06:20:32 AM »
The problem is that there are 30+ people sharing a 4MB line right now.  I got an email from the Alberta Supernet Initiative, and they claim that the Supernet will be complete in Vulcan around the first of December.  After it is active, Wild Rose will be using it instead of Telus, and our troubles should all go away.  In the meantime, I guess we aren't really getting what we pay for . . . if they ever send us a bill.

Offline BoneRak

• Waiting to be Banned.
  • Case Whacker
  • I'm not camping, It's a picnic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2004, 06:52:27 PM »
Make sure all your neighbours have there Kazza running. And make sure they don't turn off their computers.